I checked the code of `org-insert-heading'. One potential factor: when folded, and putting cursor and the end of heading, the cursor is supposed to be :END: (here) and it's not judged as a heading. On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Bastien wrote: > I'm tempted to apply the following patch, as this problem falls under > the category of "inserting in an invisible region". I don't think it > breaks any non-interactive call of org-insert-heading, but this needs > further checking. > > Also, note that the problem occurs only when there is no blank line > between the :END: and the following headline, so maybe the real fix > has to be within org-insert-heading... > > > > -- > Bastien > >