From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer <bauer.klaus.dieter@gmail.com>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Portable formatting of export?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:05:02 +0200	[thread overview]

There are several problems with this approach:

1. In order to force default behaviour, I'd have to set ALL customization
variables of org explicitly (can be avoided by using an "emacs -q" session
for compiling).
2. Even setting just a single setting can be very verbose (e.g. when
defining a new document class).
3. The variables are not flagged as safe for use as file-local variables,
requiring extra user-interaction whenever the file is visited.

Sure, those are all mere convenience issues, but they add up to enough
potential inconvenience for cooperative authoring (i.e. the file being
edited in different emacs configurations by different people) to make
direct latex editing rather attractive.

Is that scenario simply outside the scope of org-mode?

- Klaus-Dieter Bauer