Sorry, I misspoke. What I meant to say was that I altered org-get-priority to keep priority cookies more significant than due dates. On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 9:24 AM, peregrinehill wrote: > > Actually, I have no complaints about the built-in sorting functions > themselves. It's the priority calculation. I guess priority-down would > show that problem most clearly. I have a lot of tasks, so I've altered the > priority calculation to produce a larger number for each item, like this: > > (defun org-get-priority (s) > "Find priority cookie and return priority." > (save-match-data > (if (functionp org-get-priority-function) > (funcall org-get-priority-function) > (if (not (string-match org-priority-regexp s)) > (* org-custom-sorting-intensity (- org-lowest-priority > org-default-priority)) > (* org-custom-sorting-intensity (- org-lowest-priority > (string-to-char (match-string 2 s)))))))) > > custom-sorting-intensity is usually around 4500, so I get large numbers > and therefore lots of gradations. But this is just takes care of the > priority-cookie part of the calculation. > > My issue is that incrementing the calculated priority by 1 for each day > past due is not dramatic enough when using these large numbers. I'd like it > to be 100 instead. Or even, just to get crazy, 100 for each day past > deadline and 50 for each day past scheduled due date! > > I know that I should be doing this as a user-defined-function for > org-agenda-sorting-strategy, but I don't understand how. The documentation > is clear, I'm just not very good with lisp. So I've copied the function > from org.el into my .org file and tweaked it a little. That's why I'm > looking for the part of org.el or whichever file that increases calculated > priority according to number of days past deadline. > > > Thanks, > Inanna > > > On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Bastien wrote: > >> Hi Inanna, >> >> peregrinehill writes: >> >> > I would like to make deadlines have a larger impact on priority >> > calculation than scheduled date, but I can't figure out how to >> > extract how many days before or past deadline from an agenda entry. >> > I would also like to extract how many days overdue a task is from >> > its scheduled date. >> > >> > Is there a function that gives me this information easily? >> > >> > Alternatively, can anybody point me to where priority is increased by >> > 1 for each day late? >> >> I'm not sure where do you want to get this information from: >> from an agenda view? from a normal buffer? >> >> What value of `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' comes closest to >> what you are trying to achieve? >> >> Let us know, >> >> -- >> Bastien >> > >