On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 4:02 AM Nicolas Goaziou Hello, > > Matt Price writes: > > > Then I'm sorry for the noise (and also for this aside!). Magit, or git, > or > > some other tool was doing something quite strange and disturbing, and I > am > > now seeing these remotes in my repo: > > dup /tmp/tmp-orgtest/org-annex-testoRSq4r/ (fetch) > > dup /tmp/tmp-orgtest/org-annex-testoRSq4r/ (push) > > origin https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git (fetch) > > origin https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git (push) > > original /tmp/tmp-orgtest/org-annex-testrgbPft/ (fetch) > > original /tmp/tmp-orgtest/org-annex-testrgbPft/ (push) > > My bad. It seems "test-org-annex.el" messes with "git init". Since > I don't have git-annex command, these tests are usually skipped, so > I hadn't noticed. > > > I'm not sure. Until now only Eric and I had commented on this feature. I > > will say that I will probably never go back to the old behavior, but > maybe > > there are people who prefer it. I believe there are 6 possible options > for > > org-src-window-setup (though only 5 are listed in the defcustom > definition, > > I think that org-src-switch-to-buffer also recognizes 'silently). It may > be > > that some of those options only make sense if the window config is > restored > > after closing the src buffer. > > > > ~org-src--saved-window-config~ is only used in this function, so instead > of > > adding a new variable we could just get rid of an old one :-). > > IMO, the only value for `org-src-window-setup' where it might be > meaningful to preserve windows excursion is `reorganize-frame', since it > can disturb a lot the configuration used before editing the block. > However, the docstring disagrees: "When exiting the edit buffer, return > to one window." > > Therefore, I suggest to simply do not restore previous configuration in > Org 9.3, and document it in incompatible changes. It will leave time to > test it and complain if something is not right. > > WDYT? > Personally I prefer your solution. Would you like me to make a new patch or would you prefer to do this yourself? >