THanks John. I guess I should always just start my search for "something cool I saw" in scimax... Yes, thisis pretty great. I havebeen using ~helpful~ which hasa nice interface for some extra functions, but these functions do most of what I felt was missing. On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:02 PM John Kitchin wrote: > I wrote something kind of like this at > > https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-literate-programming.el > > > It might solve a different problem related to navigating code embedded in > org files. > > I don't think it works on describe-function. That would be an interesting > addition perhaps. I guess though that describe-function would go to the > elisp code. I never figured out how to get links in the tangled code to > jump back to the org file though. > > On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:39 PM Matt Price wrote: > >> I feel like I saw someone do this but can't find it in my notes. When >> tangling code to elisp, is it possible to point ~describe-function~ to the >> original org-mode source (or at least the src block) as the "source code" >> for the function, rather than the resultant .e file produced by >> org-babel-tangle? Seems like this would make a whole lot of things >> significantly easier when writing emacs inits, for instnace. >> > -- > John > > ----------------------------------- > Professor John Kitchin > Doherty Hall A207F > Department of Chemical Engineering > Carnegie Mellon University > Pittsburgh, PA 15213 > 412-268-7803 > @johnkitchin > http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu > >