On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 3:07 PM Matt Price wrote: > I'm using the most recent wip-cite-new branch of org, with a recent emacs > git (28.0.50). > > I would like to be able to surround some portion of a subtree with a tag, > e.g.: > > * parent > some text > #+HTML:
> ** child 2 > some boxed content > ** child 2 > more boxed content > #+HTML:
> ** child 3 > unboxed content > > However, org seems to close the div for me before the ~** child 2~ > headline. > > Is this the intended behaviour? And if so is there any way for me to do > this? > Sorry for the noise, I believe this is user error. I misread the exported source code, and firefox's developer tools added the closing tag for me, so I kept not seeing my mistake. The error here was not realizing that section contents get wrapped in their own div with class ~outline-text-N~, so my ~
~ resulted in malformed HTML. I don't know if there is a way to somehow slide my own html in between the outine-text element and the outline-container element for a child subtree. If someone knows a way to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer, but for now I think I have to find another way to accomplish this. thanks & apologies, Matt