On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 3:32 AM Emmanuel Charpentier < emm.charpentier@free.fr> wrote: > Le mardi 20 juillet 2021 à 02:55 -0400, Matt Price a écrit : > > Certainly citation of personal communications is common in the fields of > history and philosophy of science, where it represents an effort to > responsibly represent the source of ideas owed to other persons. > > > I don't dispute that. > > It's not really a question of whether you personally would do it; it's a > question of whether org will support a practice that exists in some > real-world contexts. > > > What I dispute is that such "non-citations" are dangling pointers, better > replaced by incises or footnotes ... or proper citations. > just wanted to say sorry if I was gouchy there. Shouldn't write emails so late at night! > > -- > Emmanuel Charpentier > >