Embarassed that I still don't really know how to use the agenda commands after all this time :-( I have a bunch of trees that look in part like this: * Asisgnment 1 ** Student A :PROPERTIES: :GRADE: 0 :END: I would like to store a search in org-agenda-custom-commands. I generated it initially with ~C-c a < m +GRADE="0"~. Now I have tried to store it in org-agenda-custom-commands with this line: ("F" "Failing Students in Current Buffer Only" tags-tree "+GRADE=\"0\"") However, this seems to choke, and the agenda is not generated. There are no error messages in *Messages* so I'm not quite sure what's going on. Can anyone see obvious mistakes in my syntax? Thank you!