Wow, that was way easier than I thought it would be. Made a couple of modest changes to org-html-to-html, and now a simple keybinding exports to my desired location and opens the file in my desired location, which I purge every couple of days. Thank you! On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Matt Price writes: > > > I have an org file with lots of long tables in it; org is great for the > > data entry part, but sometimes I want to see the long lines in the table > in > > their entirety, and for this I export to HTML. It works great. However, > > for whatever reason I don't want the HTML to live in the same directory > as > > the original org file.* > > > > I have tried this: > > > > #+BIND: org-export-publishing-directory "/tmp/" > > > > But that doesn't work, I think because I export using the export > interface, > > not by publishing. Is there a comparable variable for export location? > > You can build a function around `org-export-to-file'. See > `org-html-export-to-html' for example. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >