2013/9/19 Carsten Dominik : > > On 19.9.2013, at 00:21, Rasmus wrote: > >> So what would the goal be? To make it compatible with XeLaTeX and >> LuaLaTeX out of the box? > > Yes, this is what I mean. I would be happy to have some clever line in there that would do the right thing for variants of LaTeX. THis is also what I mean by "all cases". Hi all, I actually have some working code that does this. It lies in a file I named 'minimal.tex', which I include into all my latex code using \input{minimal}\makeatletter The code allows me to compile my documents using pdflatex, lualatex or xelatex. Please find attached the relevant part of my 'minimal.tex' file. Cheers