I have in the past used the org-freemind-to-org-mode function, which is no longer included in org-mode. It used to be part of org-freemind.el file (see http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=lisp/org-freemind.el;hb=8f49547aaf0f9396f2a0bcfb25ce2c33be5e91fd ). I have since tried this function, and it does still work, so I am wondering if we could add it back into the org-mode source tree. I am attaching a stripped-down version of org-freemind.el in which most of the code that is irrelevant to org-freemind-to-org-mode has been removed. Regards, Mark