Apologies on behalf of my inferior cognitive faculty, but I do not see a solution to my problem in those options (perhaps merely a means to it). Between OVERVIEW, CONTENT, SHOWALL, SHOWEVERYTHING, which == "allow me to save and reopen the buffer in its current configuration." From what I can gather from limited reading comprehension, these are still general settings, i.e., ALL headlines will be opened; ALL drawers will be opened; ALL text will be exposed. What I want is to just have those things exposed that I exposed in my particular session. mit freundlichen Grüßen, 42 2013/3/20 Bastien > Hi Fourtytwo, > > 42 147 writes: > > > When I return to this buffer, I want all of this to be opened. > > (info "(Org)Visibility cycling") > > When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to > OVERVIEW, i.e., only the top level headlines are visible. This can be > configured through the variable 'org-startup-folded', or on a per-file > basis by adding one of the following lines anywhere in the buffer: > > #+STARTUP: overview > #+STARTUP: content > #+STARTUP: showall > #+STARTUP: showeverything > > The startup visibility options are ignored when the file is open for > the first time during the agenda generation: if you want the agenda to > honor the startup visibility, set 'org-agenda-inhibit-startup' to nil. > > Furthermore, any entries with a 'VISIBILITY' property (*note Properties and > Columns::) will get their visibility adapted accordingly. Allowed values > for > this property are 'folded', 'children', 'content', and 'all'. 'C-u C-u > ' ('org-set-startup-visibility') > Switch back to the startup visibility of the buffer, i.e., whatever is > requested by startup options and 'VISIBILITY' properties in individual > entries. > > HTH, > > -- > Bastien >