Hi everyone, I think I found a bug. When exporting the visible outlines (say after a sparse tree search) file local variables are ignored. To give you an example, in the attached org file I use file local variables to setup latex export to use xelatex by customising org-latex-to-pdf-process. For regular pdf export (C-c C-e p) xelatex is run. However when I export the visible trees (C-c C-e v p) after a sparse tree search (say the tag Qn in my example), pdf export uses pdflatex disregarding the file local variable. This happens with other file local variables too, I chose this one as it was easier for me construct an example. I hope I have given enough details to debug the issue. Thanks, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.