Hi Bastien and all, On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 09:48:06 +0100 Bastien wrote: > Suvayu Ali writes: > > > That said, the problem I am facing is org-export-with-tags > > evaluates to not-in-toc irrespective of what is set by the tags: > > option (see for example the test file earlier in the thread). So > > effectively the test is not checking what it is supposed to check. > > So I was wondering whether I missed something I should be doing. > > The problem is that `org-export-with-tags' is a global option, > storing the default value for any buffer (and _a fortiori_ any > subtree) -- while you want to check local options, which may > be different at export time. > > Local options are stored in a `org-export-opt-plist'. You get > the value of the "tags:" option by checking the property list > like this: > > (plist-get org-export-opt-plist :tags)) > > Hence the patch below, which you can try to make sure it does > what you want. > That seems to work only when the EXPORT_OPTIONS property is set for the subtree. Without the property, it doesn't pick up the tags:nil option from the file header. Actually, the property list doesn't even have the tags: property in it. However I did find a solution along those lines and the final patch is attached. :) Cheers, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.