Hello, Thanks for you reply. I'm not trying to get the empty line. The example snippet is just for illustration. First of all, I really like the two space indentation/alignment when `org-src-preserve-indentation` is set to `nil`. And since org does not indent the empty line*s, *the fields one empty of `yasnippet` or packages which generate empty lines can not work properly and the indentation of these line*s* are violated as mentioned in the second mail. Best regards, Jiajian Huang On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Jiajian Huang writes: > > > If it is `nil`, why inserting 2 leading spaces to the code in the org > > buffer except the line containing only spaces? > > Probably because empty lines are not meaningful anyway. We probably > should go further and remove all spaces in empty lines. > > > How can I get > > > > #+BEGIN_SRC python > > a = 1 > > b = 2 > > for i in range(10): > > # 6 spaces before '#' > > #+END_SRC > > > > after exit `org-edit-special` ? > > You cannot obtain the last empty line. I don't understand why would you > want that either. It is only a TAB away from an empty line. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >