@ Bastien, Jason thank you for your response! I made a proposal to stackexchange.com for a dedicated Org-mode site but they rejected it as a duplicate of stackoverflow. So this option is out. Nevertheless, I still think it would be nice to have something like this for Org-mode only. We could install our own SE-like site using askbot.org or osqa.net. As far as I see, the installation of askbot is not completely trivial but doable: http://askbot.org/doc/index.html The webserver (if it is Apache) would need mod_fcgi or mod_wsgi since askbot is based on Django and python. (see also: http://askbot.org/en/question/72/is-askbot-easy-to-install http://askbot.org/en/question/263/what-servers-and-configs-is-askbot-known-to-work http://askbot.org/en/question/33/is-my-shared-host-good-enough-for-django) It is still quite some work, I am aware of this. If it drains too much energy, it isn't worth it. But if we could get it off the ground, I think it would be a great addition to the Org community. >At least there is nothing wrong in trying. Exactly. So this would be the next steps: 1. Download askbot, install askbot, configure askbot 2. configure the webserver 3. deploy askbot on the webserver Regards, Thomas 2011/7/21 Bastien > Hi Thomas, > > thanks for sharing this idea. > > Something like ask.orgmode.org with a StackOverflow interface would be > very nice. I am copying Jason, http://orgmode.org webmaster, to make > sure this would not add too much work for him. > > I am not afraid of fragmentation of information: as long as this new > interface links to relevant primary sources of information (the manual, > Worg, the mailing list), these source will be used. > > I'm more afraid of fragmentation of the _energy_ that people put in > maintaining those primary sources. But at the end, I guess things will > auto-regulate and the overall UI for finding information will improve. > > At least there is nothing wrong in trying. > > What is the next step? > > -- > Bastien >