I followed the instructions and I did that. Then I started a new session with it installed which is when I got the bug. On 15 July 2013 16:43, Bastien wrote: > Hi Paul, > > Paul Whipp writes: > > > If I use the package installer to upgrade org I get version 8.0.4 but > > it then fails to complete my initialisation with: "Symbol's function > > definition is void: org-defvaralias" > > If you use the package installer, you need to install Org in a fresh > Emacs session, where no Org feature has been loaded. > > Hope this helps, > > -- > Bastien >