On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 4:33 AM Bastien wrote: > Hi Andrew, > > Andrew Hyatt writes: > > > I've been having this same issue - the issue is quite reproducible > > for me, and it has been for years. I just finally grew tired of the > > issue and decided to investigate it, and yes, the issue is > > org-agenda-show-new-time. > > > > I also have invisible entries in the org buffer, and the call to > > org-move-to-column apparently will move several lines forward, which > > causes us to process the same lines over and over. > > > > Wrapping the call to org-move-to-column with a let setting the > > buffer-invisibility-spec to nil does fix the issue. > > this problem is from... 2013! > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-08/msg00218.html > > Is there anything we still need to fix in this area? If so, can you > send it as a patch against current maint branch? > Yes, there's definitely still a problem similar to the one reported - although I have yet to pare it down to a reproducible case. I need to look at this more to understand why the fix that was done doesn't seem to work. Once I understand that, I'll be close to creating a patch. The issue is that I don't know this code very well, so any fix I make might be wrong for some other reason I don't understand. > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >