Why not specify a :session so that data created by one block would remain available to subsequent blocks? V. On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 at 09:10, Naresh Gurbuxani wrote: > I want to source some data from databases, then use this data in various > blocks. I am looking for the most efficient way to achieve this. In below > blocks, is the code in block ``connection'' executed thrice (economy of > code but no saving of time) or is it only executed once then used twice? > If the code is run thrice, is there another way to create code blocks so > that the code is executed only once? > > Thanks, > Naresh > > #+name: connection > #+begin_src R :exports results :results output > ## my code here > #+end_src > > #+begin_src R :exports results :results output graphics file :file > figures/fig1.png > <> > ## my code here > #+end_src > > #+begin_src R :exports results output graphics file :file figures/fig2.png > <> > ## my code here > #+end_src >