Ok, I am happy to submit a patch. It would be my first, so I will have to find time to make the commit properly. On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 1:59 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Benjamin McMillan writes: > > > At some point in the last few months, org mode stopped fontifying my > > latex export blocks. However, an older version of emacs on my computer > > still does fontify. > > (The difference is seen even opening emacs with the -q flag) > > It seems that there was a change to the function > > org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks-1 in org.el, specifically at the > > conditional that checks org-src-fontify-natively. > > As the comment there explains, the intention is to only fontify src > > blocks, but I don't see any option exposed to enable fontififcation of > > export blocks, which is a fairly crucial feature to my workflow. > > > > I think fontification of export blocks should follow that of src blocks, > > or a separate option should be made. (Or, I may be missing some already > > existing solution!) > > > > For what it is worth, I can get the desired behavior by modifying the > > code mentioned above to include "export", as in the following: > > (and org-src-fontify-natively > > ;; Technically, according to > > ;; `org-src-fontify-natively' docstring, we should > > ;; only fontify src blocks. However, it is common > > ;; to use undocumented fontification of example > > ;; blocks with undocumented language specifier. > > ;; Keep this undocumented feature for user > > ;; convenience. > > (member block-type '("src" "example" "export"))) > > Since we already do it for example blocks, I see not why we should not > for export blocks. > > Would you be interested to submit a patch with your modification? > See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#first-patch > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >