Hi Jude and Bart On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:13, Bastien wrote: > Bart Bunting writes: >> I have noticed that emacspeak does not read anything done using >> overlays.  I am presuming the column and row labels are done this way. > > Yes, the references are displayed as an overlay. As an alternative to overlays used by "C-c }" on a table to display the coordinate grid, I would suggest the attached patch that displays the coordinates in the table editor "C-c `" like this: #+begin_src org # # Edit field @2$3 and finish with C-c C-c # 123 #+end_src It also supports the org-table-follow-field-mode "C-u C-u C-c `" added by Carsten two months ago: http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git/commitdiff/bffdfeb7fcd6c094d44e754ace7ce28fab81f2ff Michael