Hi Bastien From the commit of Rick Frankel for org-html-link (reformatted): #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (org-link-escape (org-link-unescape (concat type ":" raw-path)) org-link-escape-chars-browser) #+END_SRC I would like to discourage the use of the constant org-link-escape-chars-browser in favor of the function org-link-escape-browser that should use, and finally can be replaced with, the function url-encode-url available since Emacs 24.3.1. The patch attached for review will fix an Org link like e. g. [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?idxname=emacs-orgmode&query=%252Bsubject:"Release+8.2"]] with Emacs 24.3.1 now also for the Org export to HTML. Some time ago I added url-encode-url already to the function org-open-at-point. As this is not in maint and the attached patch depends on it I intend to apply the latter only on master. Michael