Hi Carsten On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote: > I have rewritten org-insert-heading, because it had become an unmaintainable beast. > Please follow up in this thread if you find problems with the new implementation. > Very likely there will be bugs, but now I am at least confident they can be fixed. On the way of rewiring my muscle memory from C-RET to M-RET for some cases, I stumbled across this: #+DRAWERS: MyStructuredDrawer :MyStructuredDrawer: - a :END: To insert a new item I once changed to use C-RET also on items. How is one supposed to do this now within a drawer? M-RET just inserts an empty line. I would like to suggest the attached patches with an ERT. They change (fix?) org-meta-return to insert a new item in this case. About the following different issue I don't care as much and only wanted to report: C-RET before any headline when within a drawer, or generally before any headline(?), could bark instead of changing to a headline leading to invalid Org syntax within a drawer. Michael