* orgstruct-mode and colorizing headings.
@ 2017-09-23  7:40 Nonono
From: Nonono @ 2017-09-23  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello orgmode! I have a question that I searched on the internet and
manuals about one hour, but still don't find out how.

How to change the face of headings when in the orgstruct-mode? I think
It would be neat if the color of heading have been different than normal
the comment line in orgstruct-mode.

I examined the face of headings when orgstruct-mode is on, but It was
the same `font-lock-comment-face' of the vanilla state, so I think
there're no plan and no way to change the color of headings other than
changing the source code or making a new minor mode. Does someone have
a idea or a recommendation on this particular subject?
--
Nonono

* Re: orgstruct-mode and colorizing headings.
@ 2017-09-23  8:41 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2017-09-23  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nonono; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Nonono

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Nonono <poizxc@cock.li> wrote:

> Hello orgmode! I have a question that I searched on the internet and
> manuals about one hour, but still don't find out how.
>
> How to change the face of headings when in the orgstruct-mode? I think
> It would be neat if the color of heading have been different than normal
> the comment line in orgstruct-mode.
>
> I examined the face of headings when orgstruct-mode is on, but It was
> the same `font-lock-comment-face' of the vanilla state, so I think
> there're no plan and no way to change the color of headings other than
> changing the source code or making a new minor mode. Does someone have
> a idea or a recommendation on this particular subject?

I think this would not be easy to hack with orgstruct-mode. Also, see
this thread for its future:
"[RFC] Remove Org Struct mode"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-08/msg00482.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-09/msg00032.html

I would recommend outshine which has fontified headings (on by default
and can also be turned off).
http://github.com/alphapapa/outshine

Michael