* #+STARTUP: nologrefile seemingly not respected
@ 2011-07-28  5:12 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2011-07-28  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Either #+STARTUP: nologrefile is not behaving as intended, or I've
misunderstood the intention.

I have '(setq org-log-refile 'time)' in my .emacs. I have the line
'#+STARTUP: nologrefile' in a subtree at the bottom of my inbox.org.

Given this setup, I'd expect to get refiling notes with the time of
refiling when I refile from org files *other* than inbox.org and not
to get refiling notes when refiling from inbox.org. However, I get
refiling notes when refiling from any .org file, including inbox.org.

I am using org-mode 7.6 on emacs version 23.2.1

Is the problem with my expectations or in org-mode's behaviour?

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB

* Re: #+STARTUP: nologrefile seemingly not respected
@ 2011-07-28 17:29 ` Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2011-07-28 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

On 28 July 2011 01:12, Brian van den Broek <vanden@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have '(setq org-log-refile 'time)' in my .emacs. I have the line
> '#+STARTUP: nologrefile' in a subtree at the bottom of my inbox.org.
>
> Given this setup, I'd expect to get refiling notes with the time of
> refiling when I refile from org files *other* than inbox.org and not
> to get refiling notes when refiling from inbox.org. However, I get
> refiling notes when refiling from any .org file, including inbox.org.
>
> I am using org-mode 7.6 on emacs version 23.2.1
>
> Is the problem with my expectations or in org-mode's behaviour?

As org-mode 7.7 was released since I sent this yesterday, it seemed
worth the self-reply to update the query. The relevant behaviour of
7.7 is the same as that of 7.6.

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB