* [DEV]
@ 2011-07-22 13:47 Matthew Sauer
From: Matthew Sauer @ 2011-07-22 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I have decided to work on a startup dot el package geared around
orgmode.  I want to get it up to a basic functionality before I allow
it to be distributed and I know I still have some work to do to get it
to that point.

My first goal is have a file open on either the left or the right and
a somewhat customizable agenda buffer on the other side.  What I am
trying to accomplish is the providing of a easy to use interface for
beginners in org-mode to get started and use it for task/project
management.

The agenda view will be a user definable number of days calendar with
a user defined number of days in the future view of upcoming deadlines
or just unscheduled deadlines (a choice between the two may have to be
implemented in the future as my skills grow and more contribute?) and
at the bottom we would find TODO keywords (maybe I need to change this
to != all not done keywords in the future) that are not scheduled and
do not have a deadline on them (kind of a someday/sometime todos).

What I am needing to know is about adding an agenda view via a .el
file to the custom agenda views.  Could I do that, something like
this:
-----Cut here---start code---cut here---start code-----
(add-to-list
 '(org-agenda-custom-commands
   (quote
    (
     ("s" "Startup View"
------Cut Here---end code----cut here----end code----
When I get my basic idea for the package outlined a little more I will
ask for some help with testing on it at the github I have setup.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/support and feedback.

--

Matthew

* Re: [DEV]
@ 2011-07-26  0:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-26  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Sauer <improv.philosophy@gmail.com> writes:

> The agenda view will be a user definable number of days calendar with
> a user defined number of days in the future view of upcoming deadlines
> or just unscheduled deadlines (a choice between the two may have to be
> implemented in the future as my skills grow and more contribute?) and
> at the bottom we would find TODO keywords (maybe I need to change this
> to != all not done keywords in the future) that are not scheduled and
> do not have a deadline on them (kind of a someday/sometime todos).

Mmhh... an interactive interface for building custom agenda views?
I'd be curious about the result, but that'd probably be useful!

> What I am needing to know is about adding an agenda view via a .el
> file to the custom agenda views.  Could I do that, something like
> this:
> -----Cut here---start code---cut here---start code-----
> (add-to-list
>  '(org-agenda-custom-commands
>    (quote
>     (
>      ("s" "Startup View"
> ------Cut Here---end code----cut here----end code----

Did you try this?  It should not work.

In this file in Worg

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/advanced-searching.html

you can see this example:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
               '("b" "Big books" tags "+BIB_PAGES>1000"))
#+end_src

> When I get my basic idea for the package outlined a little more I will
> ask for some help with testing on it at the github I have setup.

Keep us posted!

 Bastien