Hi Greg! I am not sure if this would be useful to your efforts, but I have an "R in org-mode" tutorial on github: https://github.com/erikriverson/org-mode-R-tutorial Apparently it is now 10 years old somehow, time flies. Best, --Erik On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 6:25 AM Greg Minshall wrote: > i have a question about org-in-org source blocks. i volunteered to help > in an effort to provide a tutorial of using the ESS (Emacs Speaks > Statistics) package for R, in particular, from org mode. > > i'd like to write my contribution as a .org file. i'd like to include > fragments of org code, including source blocks (in R). and, i'd like to > show various result types. so, i'd like to be able to have the > #+RESULTS show up in the org-in-org source block as exported inside the > containing .org file. > > and, i'd like to trigger all this from a makefile, using some emacs > batch script to export the containing .org file into a .html or .pdf > file. > > (i *think*) what i would like to end up with is what it would like if i > had manually opened the org-in-org source blocks (C-c‌'), then went to > each (or, possibly, selected, i guess) source blocks inside *that* > (org-in-org) source block, and executed each, producing a #+RESULTS > block for each, then closed the org-in-org source block (C-c‌', again), > and then exported the containing .org file. > > is this possible? any ideas? > > cheers, Greg > >