* [feature request] tangle on org-special-edit
@ 2011-07-21 13:38 Dirk Scharff
From: Dirk Scharff @ 2011-07-21 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Org-mode provides the function to edit code blocks in their languages native environment. If you want do literate programming you'll end up with web-syntax (<<the-block-to-be-included-here>> ) in the environment org-special-edit started.

I'd like to purpose, that before opening the special language environment, the code-block should be tangled to a temporary file. Then a buffer should be stated with that file loaded in its native language environment. If you'd do that the code would really be executable and therefore debuggable and analyzable with the tools the programming language provides.

You'll have to keep track on the tangled code blocks then. I think some info in comments should do the trick. I uploaded a mockup of what I mean here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/3503145/org-feature-mockup.pdf

best regards,
Dirk.

[parent not found: <A675877D-AA91-43CB-9F33-10B92F4A4701@googlemail.com>]