I like the idea of using g/G and intelligently interpreting the user's response -- it's good UI / UX design. (Imagine asking a friend when they "got back" -- both "20 minutes ago" and "8:35" are unambiguous answers to the question.) Now we need to decide how to distinguish the two. Would it work to just examine the user input for a colon and branch based on that? I'll see if I can get this working. On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM Bastien wrote: > Hi Kyle and Dan, > > Kyle Meyer writes: > > > Thanks, though sadly Dan had already taken the time to follow up with a > > patch: > > > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-01/msg00175.html > > Err, my bad, sorry Dan -- and thanks Kyle for the warning. > > (I too hastily assume 1 thread = 1 topic, I should have checked.) > > I reverted my changes and pushed Dan's commit to master. > > I took the liberty of inlining the function and making the message a > bit more explicit. Dan, let me know if that's okay. > > Interestingly, our (different and complementary) implementations may > lead to a new idea: your implementation is like the `k' option while > mine is like the `g' option (when you "got back"). I guess both can > make sense, and what the user expect is to be able to enter a number > of minutes *or* a HH:MM time spec in both `t' and `g'. > > That would also have the advantage of having less options while still > having the possibility to use HH:MM. (Also, using org-read-date here > seems a bit too much here, but maybe that's okay.) > > Dan, what do you think? Would you like to try implementing this or > can I give it a try? > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien > -- Ceci n'est pas une .signature.