Upon closer look at the `org-capture`, `org-capture-set-target-location` and `org-capture-place-entry`, I'm starting to realize that "file+function" can be used for what I'm looking for. I was just worried about the use of `(org-capture-put :exact-position (point))` On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 10:58 AM Nafiz Islam wrote: > Right now, only the file name supports being either a string, symbol or > function, etc. Nonetheless, it would be nice if headline could be a > function that takes in as parameter a list of all headlines present in the > file so that we can dynamically pick a headline under which we want to add > an entry. The function can also return a string to represent a > (potentially) new headline to insert. > > My use case for that is I have an org file in which each headline is a > specific time, and I want to reuse a headline that is only within 5 minutes > behind the current time. > >