On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 12:31 PM, hymie! wrote: > In our last episode, the evil Dr. Lacto had captured our hero, > Aaron Ecay , who said: > > You can accomplish this by using an entity that expands to nothing. The > > closest entry in org-entities is \zwj (zero width word-joining space): > > > > foo\zwj{}/bar/\zwj{}baz > > This doesn't work for me. :( > > It works to the left of the zwj, such as > =foo=\zwj{}bar > > ...but not to the right as you did above. > > It's hard to read the value I have for org-emphasis-regexp-components > but it looks like } is in there, so I guess it should be working? > > No, it is only in the POSTMATCH part. If you add it to the PREMATCH part too, then your example would work. But I think it would be neater to put a pair of literal "zero width space" characters in your file. I managed to get this to work by doing: (setq org-emphasis-regexp-components '("[:space:][:cntrl:]('\"{}" "[:space:][:cntrl:]-.,:!?;'\")}\\[" "[:space:][:cntrl:]" "." 1)) This means you can write "fuzzy​/wuzzy/​wuzzabear" where there is a 0x200B character (ZERO WIDTH SPACE) either side of /wuzzy/ (hopefully this will survive in the email). I inserted the characters with "C-x 8 RET ...". In case you prefer to have something more visible in the source file, I also made it so you can use any ascii control character to bracket the delimiters. For instance, the NULL character: "fuzzy^@/wuzzy/^@bear". Note that those are not real NULLs, but are how they appear in the emacs buffer. You can insert them with "C-q 0 RET". Will > --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie > hymie@lactose.homelinux.net > > > -- Dr William Henney, Instituto de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia