There doesn't seem to be a way to strip out the `#+title` from an `#+include`d org file. As a result, for complex org documents, if you end up `#+include`ing multiple org files that have `#+title`s, it ends up appending them all, which can often not be what you want, which is true in my case. There's this solution I found, but it strips out the title entirely, rather than controlling which `#+title`s get exported, such as only the title of the root doc: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/18420/unwanted-concatenation-of-multiple-title-and-author-when-using-include