* Exporting user labels to non-latex backends
@ 2024-05-16 18:51 Stefano Ghirlanda
From: Stefano Ghirlanda @ 2024-05-16 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

There may be an issue with using #+name: labels when exporting to
non-latex backends. For example:

---
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:x}
   x = 1
\end{equation}

cref:eq:x
---

Exports correctly to markdown, but:

---
#+name: eq:x
\begin{equation}
   x = 1
\end{equation}

cref:eq:x
---

exports with a mix of org labels and user labels:

---
\begin{equation}
  \label{orgf29908c}
  x = 1
\end{equation}

equation \ref{eq:x}
---

This does not affect latex export because one can set
org-latex-prefer-user-labels, but most other backends do not seem to
have this setting. I think there is one for HTML but I could not find
one for markdown. Would it be useful to have a global setting for all
backends? Or, is there a way to fix this with the current code base?

Best,
Stefano

--
Stefano Ghirlanda