Android emacs has known problems segfaulting dependant on font size. Try starting with the smallest font & work your way up. See: https://github.com/zielmicha/emacs-android/issues/2 for further information & workarounds On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Karl Voit wrote: > * Tom wrote: > > > > Karl Voit schrieb: > >> > >>I also tested a FreedomPro bluetooth keyboard with my XOOM tablet. > >>Unfortunately, no Ctrl/ESC/Alt is working. So Android/Emacs is not > >>usable without the Hacker's keyboard which is an on-screen > >>keyboard that offers all those modifier keys. When the on-screen > >>keyboard uses half of the tablet screen, it is no fun using Emacs > >>at all. > > > > There is an app, External Keyboard Helper (Pro), that enables full > > usage of most bluetooth/usb keyboards. It is not without usability > > Problems, some would need a rooted phone to solve, but I'm happy > > with the setup so far. I mostly need it for connectbot sessions. > > Thank you *very* much for this pointer! > > Unfortunately, my Android Emacs segfaults now (can't test it) and > while typing in a note taking app works quite fine, simple > characters like «!» do not work in ConnectBot/vim :-( > > I have to invest some time in this tool. Probably I might be able to > get it to work. > > -- > mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode: > > get Memacs from https://github.com/novoid/Memacs < > > https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on > github > > > -- Subhan Michael Tindall | Software Developer | smt@rentrakmail.com RENTRAK | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT