Hi all, I appreciate the work done on the cite functionality! I use zotero for managing my library and have previously used zotxt and org-zotxt (along with some additions in my zotxt-extra library) for being able to cite in org-mode and export correctly to various formats. https://gitlab.com/egh/zotxt https://gitlab.com/egh/zotxt-emacs https://gitlab.com/andersjohansson/emacs-zotxt-extra Zotxt has used a custom link format for citations (similar to org-ref) which links to zotero but optionally also contains a citekey (defined via the zotero-better-bibtex extension to zotero). I actually wrote my PhD thesis with this setup, but the connection to Zotero has always felt a little wobbly and Zotero is also quite slow for my large library. Now seems to be a great time to convert to a workflow with the new cite format. To enable a conversion from org mode to word processors with Zotero ”active” citations I created two libraries to manage this via pandoc and the pandoc filter created for the zotero-better-bibtex extension. (see: https://retorque.re/zotero-better-bibtex/exporting/pandoc/) This allows me a workflow like: 1. keep an updated .bib-file of my library in zotero (with the help of zotero-better-bibtex) 2. cite in org-mode (for me with completion via helm-bibtex and https://github.com/bdarcus/bibtex-actions/pull/113) 3. Export to an odt-file with active zotero citations (with oc-pandoc and ox-md-pandoc-zotero) I attach them here in case anyone else finds some part of this workflow usable. https://gitlab.com/andersjohansson/org-cite-pandoc https://gitlab.com/andersjohansson/ox-md-pandoc-zotero I couldn’t find any previous definitions for exporting to the pandoc cite format so I quickly hacked up org-cite-pandoc. I suppose it could be be widely useful and included in org. Feel free to use it as suitable (I have FSF copyright assignment for emacs). Best, Anders Johansson