Please let me know if you have any problems with the ikiwiki plugin or any feature requests. I haven't been too active with it lately, but I'm still around. :) Cheers, Chris On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Loyall, David wrote: > > Subject: Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode > [snip] > > Perhaps the web incarnations of org could help here too. > > I plan to bring attention to Emacs by publishing a wiki on our intranet. > > ikiwiki[1] is a simple perl based wiki compiler. You maintain a tree of > text documents in VCS, compile them into a network of linked HTML documents > on demand (or on commit via a hook) and publish them on any http server (or > whatever). > > Ikiwiki has an exporter framework that invokes different tools to export > (or compile) different file formats. For example, it is trivial to > configure it to render foo.lisp and bar.c as foo.lisp.html and bar.c.html, > which contain pretty renderings of the code. > > There is an org-mode plugin[2] for ikiwiki that I am experimenting with. > It invokes an Emacs session to call the org exporter. > > Like most wikis, ikiwiki also allows users to create and edit content via > http. (Being perl, ikiwiki uses (modern) CGI.) The interface is a simple > HTML text area. > > I intend to allow users to alter .org files via ikiwiki's web interface > and have ikiwiki run them through the org exporter after each save (which > is also a VCS commit). > > When users start to feel limited by the textbox, I'll suggest that they > use Emacs and grant them direct file access to the VCS that stores all the > .org files. (git in my case.) > > Wish me luck. :) > > Incidentally, I'd find an org-mode vs. Microsoft OneNote feature > comparison matrix useful. Anybody got that? > > Cheers, > --Dave > > [1] http://ikiwiki.info/ > [2] https://github.com/chrismgray/ikiwiki-org-plugin > > > >