Thanks Nocolas and Suvayu, I will spend some time on ox-md.el and the section listed by Nicolas. One last question: If I choose to extend the existing back-end, would I be able to put all the code into a external file and allow the user to load it through it emacs config file? I mean, I would like to add a support of Twitter Bootstrap trough the ox-html.el export engine. If the user add "(require 'ox-html-bootstrap)" into its ".emacs" file, it will allow the user to extend the ox-html export engine. Does it seems possible? Thanks 2013/9/3 Nicolas Goaziou > Hello, > > Suvayu Ali writes: > > > On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 03:37:05PM +0200, flammable project wrote: > >> Hi all, > >> > >> I'm looking for informations on how to create a new exporter based on > the > >> new export engine. > >> > >> I want to convert org files into HTML files in which some "functions" > from > >> Twitter Bootstrap framework will be instantiated via Emacs and Org-Mode. > >> > >> I'm quite fustrated because the org-export_generic.el file is obsolete > and > >> I tried to use ox.el ox-ascii.el files but I was discouraged by their > heavy > >> contents. > >> > >> Could you please tell how to easily find a good starting "point" ? > > > > You could take a look at ox-md.el; it derives from ox-html.el. Since > > you want to add to ox-html.el, that might be a nice starting point. > > > > Needless to say, you should probably wait for Nicolas's comment. He is > > the expert, I'm just a user who looks at the source from time to time > > ;). > > The OP could also look at "12.13 Advanced configuration" from Org > manual. There's an example on how to extend an existing back-end. > > There's also `org-export-define-derived-backend' docstring. > > If the new exporter is not meant for public consumption and would always > be used instead of regular html back-end, defadvices are also fine. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >