Thanks Ihor for the response. Unfortunately, setting org-element--cache-self-verify to nil didn't work. Profile report attached. On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 7:23 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > arozbiz@gmail.com writes: > > > I just upgraded to Org 9.6 and I've noticed that having flyspell-mode > > turned on causes very large slowdowns when adding or deleting footnotes > in > > an org file with lots of footnotes (e.g., more than 200, which is common > > for the academic articles that I use org for). Any ideas for what might > be > > causing this? > > Most likely cache updates. > Could you please (1) Set org-element--cache-self-verify to nil and see > if things get back to normal; (2) If things are still slow after setting > the variable, please run M-x profiler-start ... M-x profiler-report and > share the data. See https://orgmode.org/list/87ee2nlslt.fsf@localhost. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >