Yes that is what I mean. Subscripts and superscripts both render correctly in the Org buffer when used separately, but not together. I would like to type up some tensor notes in Org so being able to mix them would be very desireable :) I tried various tricks with inserting {}s and $s but it did not help. Daniel On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM, John Hendy wrote: > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Daniel Mahler wrote: > > Mixing subscripts with superscripts, like \Gamma^{a}_{bc}, > > exports correctly to pdf, but the subscripts are not interpreted in the > > buffer for me. > > Is there a way around that? I am using org 7.9.2 and emacs 24.1.1. > > Can you elaborate on that? Do you mean for them to show as subscripts > (below the baseline) in the Org buffer? If so, that doesn't happen for > me either. > > John > > > > > thanks > > Daniel >