thanks both. > I write my email using org syntax and then invoke > > M-x org-mime-htmlize RET > > just before sending. i'm guessing that would solve all formatting issues. not sure how quoting [top post or interstitial] conversations would work. however, last time i tried sending html through webmail, i couldn't gt it to send as html, as opposed to html as text. perthaps there is a trick to it. as for ihor's suggestion, i tried (setq org-ascii-text-width most-positive-fixnum) and then realized that it would likely wrap plain lists thus: - this is a list with a really long line which is like an unfilled paragraph and here it is filling but not to the fill-prefix org fills it to i'm guessing there is maybe no solution. [i have had bad luck with geary and thunderbird, and unfortunately setting up emacs mail is at this time is too much for me [and not as accessible for me as webmail for various reasons [including but not limited to full mouseability]].] the workaround might be to set a really narrow fill column, i wonder? not sure. -- The Kafka Pandemic A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy: https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com