* org-capture changes the buffer ring in a confusing way
@ 2013-08-19  3:44 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-08-19  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I use capture, the buffer ring ordering changes from what it was
before the capture.  It even changes when I cancel the capture.  Is
there a way to keep it exactly as it was in all cases?

What I expected was that previous-buffer would be the same before and
after and that next-buffer would be the same before and after.  [In
other words, that capture + capture finalizing would not change
anything.  The philosophy of capture, to my understanding, is that
capture is intended to allow you to take a note with minimum
distraction.]

What I tried was org-capture.

What I noticed was that the buffer ring ordering had changed.

I have previous-buffer and next-buffer set to function keys, and I
find them extremely useful.  But when the buffer ring ordering
changes, I get confused.  So capture confuses me.

Also, it seems to always split the window.  Is there a way to fix that
that is better than my current method of deleting other windows in the
hook?  I always require a single window.

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: org-capture changes the buffer ring in a confusing way
@ 2013-08-30 16:05 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-08-30 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

Unfortunately, right now, I don't know a good way to avoid this.  Org switches to a special buffer while filling in the template, in order to allow interactive prompts, and I think this might be the cause of messing with the buffer list.

- Carsten