for now i am doing (setq org-ascii-text-width 40). idk if recipient devices are smaller, but it doesn't seem too bad if they are not. On Thursday, May 23, 2024, Samuel Wales wrote: > thanks both. > > > I write my email using org syntax and then invoke > > > > M-x org-mime-htmlize RET > > > > just before sending. > > i'm guessing that would solve all formatting issues. not sure how quoting > [top post or interstitial] conversations would work. > > however, last time i tried sending html through webmail, i couldn't gt it > to send as html, as opposed to html as text. perthaps there is a trick to > it. > > > as for ihor's suggestion, i tried (setq org-ascii-text-width > most-positive-fixnum) and then realized that it would likely wrap plain > lists thus: > > - this is a list with a really long line which is like an unfilled > paragraph and here it is filling but not to the fill-prefix org fills it to > > > i'm guessing there is maybe no solution. [i have had bad luck with geary > and thunderbird, and unfortunately setting up emacs mail is at this time is > too much for me [and not as accessible for me as webmail for various > reasons [including but not limited to full mouseability]].] > > the workaround might be to set a really narrow fill column, i wonder? not > sure. > > > > -- > The Kafka Pandemic > > A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy: > https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com > > -- The Kafka Pandemic A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy: https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com