From: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [bug] archiving creates duplicate entries
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 19:05:46 -0700	[thread overview]

i have confirmed that this bug occurs as follows.

archiving commands append to a buffer for the archive.  they do not
save, revert, or kill that buffer.  my shell workaround, to allow
archiving given completely unusably slow archiving, moved the archive
files [so that they would not be slow].

therefore there were no archives on disk.  but a full buffer.

therefore, archiving appended to existing buffers that did not match
what was on disk.  then saved.  ergo duplicates.

suggested fix: kill the archive buffer before appending to it, if it
is marked as unmodified.

if it is not marked as unmodified, maybe it is ok to append?  idk.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html