* a related bug Re: Breaking line inside list item
@ 2020-06-29 19:36 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-06-29 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Miquel, emacs-orgmode

i think it is worth pointing out a separate bug in case this code is
code is modified.

with m-x org-insert-item or m-ret:

- zsdfasdfas
  - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
    s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.  |asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
    dkfasn df.

what i expect is this:

- zsdfasdfas
  - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
    s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.
  - asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
    dkfasn df.

- zsdfasdfas
  - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
    s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.  |asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
    dkfasn df.

what i expect is this:

- zsdfasdfas
  - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
    s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.
  - asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
    dkfasn df.

what i get is a somewhat surprising creation of a new
entry below the entry that contains the list.  this occurs
even with m-x org-insert-item, which imo should not affect
entries at all.

i have not found an mce.

i also notice that undo-tree behaves strangely.

this started occurring in maint a few w or m ago.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

* Re: a related bug Re: Breaking line inside list item
@ 2020-06-29 20:14 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-06-29 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Sébastien Miquel, emacs-orgmode

> i think it is worth pointing out a separate bug in case this code is
> code is modified.
>
> with m-x org-insert-item or m-ret:
>
> - zsdfasdfas
>   - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
>     s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.  |asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
>     dkfasn df.
>
> what i expect is this:
>
> - zsdfasdfas
>   - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
>     s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.
>   - asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
>     dkfasn df.
>
> - zsdfasdfas
>   - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
>     s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.  |asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
>     dkfasn df.
>
> what i expect is this:
>
> - zsdfasdfas
>   - asdfasdfa.   asdfasdfasdf.  asdfasdfasdfasdasd ,n ,mn
>     s,dfn ,amsdn f,a.
>   - asdasdf,a sdfasd fsdnjkfanksda d.ssa
>     dkfasn df.
>
> what i get is a somewhat surprising creation of a new
> entry below the entry that contains the list.  this occurs
> even with m-x org-insert-item, which imo should not affect
> entries at all.

I cannot reproduce it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: a related bug Re: Breaking line inside list item
@ 2020-06-29 20:16   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-06-29 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales, Sébastien Miquel, emacs-orgmode

quite frequent for me [most of the time], but i don't know what
triggers it.  i am not able to narrow it down.