From: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: FR: allow adding a deadline with warning days [was Re: deadline warning days entry]
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 13:14:42 -0700	[thread overview]

hi bastien,

the current behavior in maint is if you have an entry with no planning
line.  if you try to add a deadline with zero days of warning, it will
tell you you can't do that.  it will not add the deadline.  and
therefore will not add warning days.

you have to add the deadline and then modify it to have your warning
days.  two command invocations.

the best i have discoverd is to add a deadline then go back and change
warning days with c-u c-u c-d ret.  this will add zero days.  it is a
lot of keystrokes.

what would be good is c-u c-u c-d to add a deadline with warning days
at the same time.  this is better than being told you can't do that.

if the warning days for this defaulted to the global variable for
default warning days, that would be useless.  you would be specifying
the same as the global variable default that the agenda uses when
nothing is specified.

so the enterable warning days should either be specifiable in the
global variable as a cons like (enterable-when-double-prefix .
auto-the-agenda-uses), or merely default to zero.

which would give the command c-u c-u c-d something to do instead of
telling you it cannnot do anything.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.