I would not use a prefix arg here. you should just check what is at the point, and if it is a citation then append it after the citation at point, and if not insert a new one (maybe after moving the point to an appropriate place if needed). John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his) Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 4:59 PM Bruce D'Arcus wrote: > > > On Fri, Jul 2, 2021, 4:14 PM Nicolas Goaziou > wrote: > >> "Bruce D'Arcus" writes: >> >> > 1. I don't see a way to add a key to an existing citation. Editing an >> > existing key uses completing-read, rather than >> > completing-read-multiple (as for a new citation), and places point >> > after the existing key means the style editing UI will pop up. >> >> Indeed, there's no way to add a reference to an existing citation. >> I admit I didn't think about it. What about appending a reference when >> the function is called with C-u? > > > Probably that would work. > > BTW, you may already be thinking this, but you may as well add completion > from the files registered with OC at this point. :-) > > Only having the completion table populated with in-document keys won't be > very useful, particularly in a new document. > > If you do, ideally it would be extensible/configurable. > > Or is the latter already the case? > > OTOH, IDK how much you feel the need to get everything done before merger, > or whether some pieces can wait? > > Bruce > >