Here is part of how I use org-mode to publish to my blog: http://jkitchin.github.io/blog/2013/09/27/Publishing-to-blogofile-using-org-mode/ My approach is pretty automated, but I have left some manual steps in place. Basically I write a post as a heading in some org-file, press a key, which generates the html post in the required format and in the right place. Then I build the blog, and push it to github. All that could happen with a key press, but sometimes I like to inspect the content before pushing. I will try to describe the actual blog setup another time. I use blogofile, which is a static blog generator, so it is quite different from using wordpress, or other blog systems that you publish to via rss, xml-rpc, etc... John ----------------------------------- John Kitchin Associate Professor Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Brett Viren wrote: > John, I finally got a chance to watch your really nice SciPy talk last > night. > > I've been trying to incorporate Reproducible Research methods with org > into my own work. I strive to do more and what you are doing looks to > provide a wealth of examples. I hope more researchers follow this > methodology. > > One thing I've yet to get a good handle on is publishing org content in > an automated (and beautiful) way. I was very taken with your github.io > pages and would like to try to set up something similar for myself. > > Do you have a write-up or other guidance on this that I might follow? > I've started to go through your related github repositories to figure > out what you do but if something more guided exists it would help. > > Thanks, > -Brett. > > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > Hi, > > > > I don't know if this has been linked to before on this mailing > > list. At SciPy 2013, John Kitchin has made an amazing > > demonstration of Org-mode as a tool for reproducible research. > > Really amazing to watch. > > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dUkyn_fZA > > > > - Carsten >