Indeed, I based this approach off a patch Rasmus posted some time ago for colored blocks ;) It is also similar to some other approaches in org-mode, e.g. the "org-%s-complete-link" functions. I am ok with a single variable that is an a-list that combines face and display. Would you consider expanding org-add-link-type like this to set those in the special variable? (org-add-link-type "somename" 'click-func 'export-func :face some-face :display path) You could always add them manually to the variable for links already defined somewhere else. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Rasmus writes: > > > Aside: This is what is done for specially colored source blocks. > > Duh. This totally eluded me. > > > But we can change that UI if you think. > > I think it would be nice to find a decent UI for that feature, indeed. > With that naming convention rule, you get neither docstring nor > customization UI. > > Of course, this is documented in the manual, but very often, looking at > defcustoms in a library is of invaluable help. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >