I usually do that by either having the py file in the working directory of the session, in which case you simply import it. Alternatively something like this in python: import sys sys.path.insert(0, '/path/to/dir/with/myfile.py') import myfile you could also append to sys.path if that matters. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 10:49 AM Joost Kremers wrote: > Hi all, > > If I have an Org file with Python source blocks, I can run them in a > session > with the `:session` header arg. That way, I can include packages installed > in > `site-packages` and have them available in all code blocks. But is there a > way > to import my own packages into a session? In particular, packages I haven't > installed system-wide? > > What I'm trying to do is to import a Python file with a bunch of utility > functions into the ob-python session. I thought this might be possible if > I'd > structure my code as a regular Python package, because that works if I > want to > import my utility functions into another Python file. But it doesn't seem > to > work for the ob-python session. > > Is there a way to achieve this? I don't *have* to structure my utility > functions > as a Python package, so if there's another way of doing this, I'd be > interested > as well. > > TIA > > Joost > > > -- > Joost Kremers > Life has its moments > >