I would use links for this purpose, which org-mode would get right across lines. For instance, here is a cite link: https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/prelude/jorg-bib.el#L332 so you use cite:bibkey1,bibkey2 or [[cite:bibkey1, bibkey2]] instead of \cite{bibkey1,bibkey2}. At export time, the link is converted to the latex they way you need it. The code at the link above does a lot more than that and may not be directly suitable for what you are doing, e.g. when I click on the link, it opens my bibtex file at the entry I clicked on, etc... See this page: http://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-hyperlink-types.html for another example of making your own links. John ----------------------------------- John Kitchin Associate Professor Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Laurens Van Houtven <_@lvh.io> wrote: > Hi! > > I'm using org-mode with the LaTeX export to write a book. I'm having > issues with inline LaTeX citations (\cite{some label}) and glossary > references (\gls{some label}). When the label (the thing in between the > curly braces) is split across lines, the org-mode LaTeX exporter escapes > the curly braces, so I get something like: > > the beginning of the line \cite\{the first part of the label > the latter part of the label\} the rest of the line > > The extra escaping of the curlies makes LaTeX very unhappy. I would like > to teach org-mode that stuff like that needs to be kept together, much like > $math mode stuff$. I tried reading the manual for advice, but those are > neither inline math (so not $$ delimited) nor an environment (\begin{} and > \end{} delimited), which are the two cases that the manual covers. > > thanks in advance > lvh >